When a dressmaker who values beauty tangles with a liveryman who condems vanity, the sparks begin to fly!
Hannah Richards is congounded by the man who runs the livery. The unsmiling fellow riles her with his arrogant assumptions and gruff manner, while at the same time stirring her heart with unexpected acts of kindness. Which side of Jericho Tucker reflects the real man?
A PENNY FOR MY THOUGHTS?
I loved this book! Karen Did such a good job with her debut Novel. I got so wrapped up in the characters of the book, that I Felt I was right there with Jericho and Hannah.
Hannah Starts out on the wrong foot with J.T., even before her sewing machine touches the platform, in the town nearest Coventry with a train station. Only thing is, J.T. can't help but feel like he needs to be helping her out! So his plan to be avoiding her falls flat!
Thinking he knows what This little dressmaker is all about- Vanity...Making women want what they don't have and most of the time can't afford- He's tossed on a soul searching rollercoster ride! Every time he turns around, She's doing something completely contrary to what his original predictions said!
But when Hannah starts helping his sister 'catch a man'...he's all fired up, thinking Hannah's corrupting his babysister! But little does he realize, she's just trying to bring out her natural beauty, while she's trying to show him the error of his way!
This book is a delight to read! I couldn't put it down, within 3 days it was done! (I had somethings I needed to do :) And I can honestly say... Karen, Keep 'em comin'!
I can't wait to read Head in the Clouds! (just by the cover, I know I'm going to be able to relate!)
1. I'm an avid cross-stitcher. The only pile taller than my to-be-read book pile is my to-be-stitched needlework pile.
2. My favorite animal is the hippopotamus. (long story)
3. Even though I love reading and writing historical romance, in school, history was my least favorite subject.
4. I sing off and on with a local classical chorus.
5. I live next door to my in-laws and continue to survive to tell the tale.
6. My favorite dessert is a warm-from-the-oven brownie with either vanilla or chocolate chip ice cream on top. Ooo, or maybe Marie Calendar's Razzleberry pie. Hmmm, or maybe it's...excuse me while I scamper off to dessertland for a moment.
OK, I'm back. Did I brush off all those cookie crumbs? Good. Gotta hide the evidence, you know.
7. I met my editor while stuffing envelopes at a pre-conference volunteer station.
8. I teach ladies Bible class for our local congregation.
9. This time next year I'll be staring the big 4-0 in the face.
10. My kids think it's cool their mom is an author, but my middle child keeps asking why the people on my first cover have no heads.
To the FTC and whomever else it may concern, I received this book from the Author. In return, I have promised to review the book but have been given the freedom by Karen Witemeyer to give my honest opinions whether they be positive or negative.