G.R.I.T.S.


The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen




BACK COVER:

Emma Smallwood, determined to help her widowed father when his boarding school fails, accompanies him to the cliff-top manor of a baronet and his four sons. But soon after they arrive and begin teaching the two younger boys, mysterious things begin to happen. Who does Emma hear playing the pianoforte at night, only to find the music room empty? And who begins sneaking into her bedchamber, leaving behind strange mementoes?

The baronet's older sons, Phillip and Henry Weston, wrestle with problems-and secrets-of their own. They both remember the studious Miss Smallwood from their days at her father's academy. But now one of them finds himself unexpectedly drawn to her....

When suspicious acts escalate, can Emma figure out which brother to blame and which to trust with her heart?

A PENNY FOR MY THOUGHTS?
 This was a really great book! I wasn't completely sure about it at first. But once I got into it, I was really surprised. Emma, grew up with her mother and father who's house was an academy for boys. They would take the wealthy family male heirs, and get them ready for college. Being one of the only girls in the house, Emma was the brunt of many pranks and jokes. Including ones from Henry Weston. 
After loosing her mother, Emma's father isn't quite the same. So Emma helps out, she basically takes over the academy, unbeknownst to the families. And they were basically going under until they got this opportunity to teach the youngest Weston children. Who would of thought, that this would bring her and her father back together, and help her realize her heart? 

I can't give much more, because I would be giving awesome information away. All I can say, is PICK UP THIS BOOK! it is amazing!



To the FTC and whomever else it may concern, I received this book Bethany House Publishing. In return, I have promised to review the book but have been given the freedom by Bethany House to give my honest opinions whether they be positive or negative.
0 Responses

I'm a member of...

Other Great Blogs!!!